BIODYNAMICS: AGRICULTURE IN SERVICE OF THE EARTH AND HUMANITY
Biodynamic Agriculture is a holistic, ecological, and ethical approach to gardening and farming — one that we at Avena Botanicals have been practicing since 1998.
Around the world, people are studying and applying Biodynamic principles and practices in gardens, farms, and orchards to support the Earth’s healing and resilience. Based on the work of philosopher and scientist Dr. Rudolf Steiner, Biodynamics has continued to evolve and grow since 1924. From seed to bottle, we are dedicated to caring for our garden... soil, trees, medicinal plants, pollinators, each other, and you, with integrity, respect, and love.
Biodynamic Principles and Practices:
- Views the soil and farm (or garden) as living organisms.
- Places significant attention on soil health and plant, pollinator, and animal diversity.
- Enhances compost, soil, and plant vitality through specific Biodynamic preparations.
- Biodynamic fertility is generated from within the farm, reducing reliance on imported organic amendments and fertilizers.
- Consciously works with seasonal, solar, and lunar rhythms.
- Supports seed integrity and diversity (saving seeds, using only organic and Biodynamic seeds, favoring open-pollinated and heirloom varieties).
- Approaches pests and diseases holistically (seeking to understand underlying imbalances and shift farming practices to bring the whole farm into balance).
- Biodynamic farmers treat animals with the utmost respect.
- Encourages the gardener/farmer to cultivate daily awareness and mindfulness practices, staying inwardly and outwardly attuned to the spirit of the farm & farmer.
- Biodynamic certification upholds standards of agricultural integrity, ecological diversity, and social responsibility, far surpassing USDA Organic standards. Join with us in supporting holistic agriculture committed to regenerative ways of thinking, working, and living.
*This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.